Monday, July 16, 2007
So, I received a note from my bloggy friend Lucia. I've been tagged!
Here's what I have been "tagged" to do:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged, and to read your blog.
1.I have a heart shaped birthmark on my left thigh. Not just sorta, vaguely heart shaped...but, rather, a near perfect heart. I always forget about it until a new person sees it and gets all worked up about how cute it is.
2. I don't like chocolate really. I sometimes have these strong urges to eat some, but I don't particularly enjoy the way it tastes. In my mind this confirms that there is some hormonal compulsion to eat chocolate...it's the only food I don't like the taste of which I have the occasional compulsion to take a bite of.
3. I cannot stand the idea of watching a movie during daylight hours. It feels like a complete waste of sunlight to sit in the dark for 2 hours. I think I have been to one matinée in the past 10 years and I was totally preoccupied by what I may be missing the entire time. I Love watching movies at night though...mainly documentaries. But, thats a whole other random thing.
4. I have some serious phone issues. I hate answering the phone. If, by chance, I do answer, I am usually fine to talk. I just have hard time answering. I get all nervous like when I would call a boy in high school. This is all a part of a larger random fact issue...see below.
5. I have a deep fear of and disdain for what I like to call "the awkward moment". I will avoid them at almost all costs. For me this means any unexpected pause, stutter, talk-over, unheard comment, and miscommunication that might occur during the course of a normal conversation. I can't watch them in movies (have you noticed how often this is a part of the main plotline of a movie, especially romantic comedies) (Bridgette Jones Diary...AAHHHH) I am forced to cover my eyes. It is also, I believe, the reason I hesitate to answer the phone. Because I am basically inviting an awkward moment right into my day. You should know that my dread of the 'awkward moment' causes me to create quite a few of them. Yeah. Irony. I see it.
6. I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 9 months old. My wrists are both fused and don't bend at all and almost all of my joints are affected. It hurts all the time, but I feel like I am at an advantage because I have never known life without it. I feel tremendously for the folks who have normal active lives and are then suddenly slammed with this disease. I take an injectable medication twice a month to help control my symptoms and it works fairly well.
7. I have to have the sheets, pillows and blankets on my bed PERFECT before I can go to sleep. I cannot stand when there are wrinkles or bunches. I must smooth and pat. Chris chuckles at me almost every night. For eight years. I think it is sorta like a dog walking in circles three times before lying down.
8. When I am upset I clean. Compulsively. Psychotically. So, when my house is a mess, I am either seriously injured or life is sailing along smoothly. If it is ridiculously clean I am probably struggling through something. Right now...messy, and I'm not injured.
So..I am not really the tagging type. If you read this and want to participate please do.
Monday, July 02, 2007
So, I am calling my new Diaper Bag design 'The Metro' because it has that hip urban parent vibe. That is precisely the feeling what I was going for...utilitarian, yet stylish, with yummy fabrics to make it a bit of a statement piece.
My friend Lucia said ...'It's like a messenger bag, but without the flap...I like it.'
There are couple of these beauties over in the shop right now...