So, It's been a while. I had to stop and regroup. I started this blog at essentially the same time I began the Plumm shop and it was too much to take on at once. I find that I am the type of person who needs quite a bit of time, about 6-9 months, before I can completely work a new thing into my routine, my life. I tend to fumble about trying this and that until everything has a place in my schedule... and my head, for that matter. This really applies to everything...kids, friends, coffee makers, camera's, cars, houses.
It hadn't even been 6 months since we adopted Kai when I started making purses and I feel like maybe it was too much at once for me. I was feeling very scattered and spread thin until just recently. I needed the purse making as an outlet during a pretty stressful time, but being the perfectionist that I am, it became too much. I am going to ease back in slowly I think. If you follow the happenings in my Etsy or Lov.li shops you have likely noticed that production has dropped off. I am going to continue to struggle with my 'all or nothing' tendencies...we'll see how I do.
Much to report..I think a list in in order.
- Luke begins preschool in 3 days.
- Kai and I have really improved our bond and continue to make progress daily
- I received a serger as a birthday gift and am anxious to figure it out
- I turned 30!! Hubby and I went away to Stinson beach for 3 days with no kids...bliss. I adore my husband.
- Kai is beginning to talk...albeit slowly.
- I have come up with a new tote bag design
- I ordered some fabulous labels from Rohm Customs at Etsy and they are in all my new bags. They rock.
- I have some Clothes in the works for the shop...stay tuned for that
- I have gotten my first cortisone shot into a joint and it is amazing. (I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 9 months old and have a bunch of icky fused joints).
- I quit drinking St@rbuc%s...cold turkey. It was making me a nutball.
- I painted my bedroom a beautiful silvery green color..It used to be rust colored. It is infinitely better now.