Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A gift...



For my sweet Mom-in-law's (hate that phrase, sounds like you are obligated by law to like each other) Birthday I made her a framed piece of art using my boys' silhouette's.
What I thought was going to be a quick, fun project turned into quite an undertaking. The main issue was our little photo shoot to actually capture those scrumptious little profiles. They could not figure out why I was telling them NOT to look at the camera after all those time I have told them TO look at the camera. They thought it was a joke, a really funny one!


So, like a dork, I didn't take a photo of the finished piece. I will soon.


Below are the Photos I began with...


I just used photoshop to outline them, then filled the background in white and the boys in with black. Easy peasy. In retrospect I would have used a white background for Kai because his hair blended in too much and it was hard to find that contour. Next year I'll know.

Be Well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy blog ring neighboor! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving me directions (the arrow directional was awesome).

Anyway, I love your bags. Great patterns! I'll stop by again sometime.

Take care!

p.m.graham said...

Hi! This is your other Etsy blogger neighbor Peter. Thanks for checking out my blog.

Your blog is very attractive and your slideshow widget is a great feature!

-Peter

Amanda said...

Thanks neighbors....see you soon.