Sunday, January 14, 2007

My 'Studio'...

I thought I would show you some photos of the space where I create my purses, my 'studio' if you will. It is in the rear of our large great room space. It has fantastic light with huge south facing windows.I also set up an easel for the kids to do their 'art' on while I am essentially neglecting them.
This is the view I have of our Great room from my Chair. I am right behind the couch tucked in the corner. I love it because I am always a part of what's going on. Also, when Chris is at work I can sneak a bit of sewing in while the kids play or watch Sesame Street. We had talked of moving the boys into one room so I could use Luke's room as my studio. We decided against it because I would actually end up with much less creating time if I had to be apart from the family.
My fabric stash...which is a bit depleted currently....I'll have to get on that soon.
This is where I keep/display my in progress and finished work. The top two shelves have things which are sold or for sale and the bottom two have custom orders, future shop inventory in progress, and 'ideas' in various stages of completion.


More of the same...
A cool view from my sewing desk.

So, there you go...a peek at where Plumm happens.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love your space! Light and airy :) My sewing machine is on a 'trolley' with wheels. Hee, maybe I'll post pictures next time.