Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My new treasure...

You may have picked up from my around the house photo's that I just adore all things mid-century modern. Because of that I spend a lot of time hunting around on craigslist and in thrift stores for treasures. We own a few pieces that we are madly in love with and have a list of others that we are still coveting.

Last night I was able to scratch another piece off of the 'coveting' list. Meet my brand new Saarien style Tulip side table. We have the larger version as our kitchen table and have 3 of the matching white chairs.

Still on my list are a sleek mid century blond wood coffee table,
a great rug, a Walnut or Teak starburst clock, and a fabulous sideboard.

Here are a few of my favorite's


Our 60's era koo-koo clock from Germany above a fab. 50's vinyl chair.


Our magazine rack and fab 60's chair


My 50's Necchi sewing machine in it's original cabinet (with original manual and accessories case!) and 1 of our 4 vintage 50's danish modern Chairs.

Our accordian door sterio cabinet.

The 50's, in my opinion, produced the best homes, fashions and furniture of all time...

1 comment:

carrie said...

I love that table! All of your pics are amazing, you've done a great job of decorating your house!