Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Good Doctor...


We've been using the fabulous Dr. Bronner's soap for a while now...and it's just occurred to me to try it in yet another capacity. Laundry! So far it's our dish soap, general cleanser for counters and floors, shower and tile cleaner, bathing soap, face soap, and carpet freshener. If vinegar and baking soda won't do , we grab the Dr. B's.

Why not laundry?
I read around on the internet and found mainly good reviews of the peppermint soap as a laundry soap...a few folks mentioned oil like stains on their clothes. I am thinking if I dilute it in the laundry water before adding the clothes I may be able to avoid this. I'll report back.

Dr.B's also sells a 'Sal Suds' which is meant more for this use, but I really don't want to have any more cleaning products in my home than Absolutely necessary. The thought of only needing ONE for everything sounds Amazing!


If you've not heard of Dr. Bronner's...
It's a counterculture Classic.

I
t's a castille soap which is vegan, biodegradable, organic, packaged in 100% post consumer recycled plastic bottles, scented with essential oils, and not tested on animals. The crazy labels are printed with organic hemp seed ink.

There is even a documentary about the man himself and the story of how the soap came to be..called Dr. Bronner's Magic Soapbox. The proprietor, Dr Bronner, apparently created the soap after escaping from a mental institution and seemed to care more about the soap than his own family.

Interesting stuff.

Anyone have an interesting use for Dr Bronner's...or a soap/detergent/chemical alternative for use around the house?

No comments: