Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Stockings for Stuffing...

I've finally begun working on our Christmas Stockings...
This is not something I do every year...but we don't have a proper matching set for all four of us.

That makes this the Year of the Stockings.

Chris and I have a matching red and green velvet set that have our names embroidered on them. His parents bought them for us years ago and they've served us very well.
Problem is that since we've had the kids our names have changed to Mommy and Daddy..."who are these 'Chris and Amanda' People?! Why are we hanging their stockings? Where are the mommy and daddy stockings?"
Plus...I really would like everything to coordinate to some degree.

Maybe I'll wrap the old ones up very carefully and we can use them again once the kids move out and we go back to our 'grown up' names!
(Does that ever happen?! I seem to remember my grandparents still calling each other Mom and Dad even though their kids were very much grown. Hmm.)

So...

This year we will have 4 new handmade stockings
embroidered with our names.
They will all have the same blue felt background, but each of us will get a different image of our choosing. I chose an apple tree. I don't know why.

Can't wait to find out what the kid's will request.

I'll report back...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you mean "finally"? You're way on top of christmas in my book. I'm still cleaning up from my halloween party.

cinnamon gurl said...

Wow... just came from Aliki's place and I'm in awe over your talent. I just bought our first stockings, realizing that I'm just not capable of making any myself. But maybe one day...

Electronic Goose said...

Those stockings are adorable!